> Discuss Your Legal Issue > Ask a Lawyer > Libel, Slander and Defamation > A parent is spreading false information about my 6 year old 1st grader. She is saying that he is touching other kids, do we have a case for slander?

A parent is spreading false information about my 6 year old 1st grader. She is saying that he is touching other kids, do we have a case for slander?

1 Answers. Asked on Oct 09th, 2017 on Libel, Slander and Defamation - Florida
More details to this question:
Last Friday we reported to the school that our son reported being pinched in the penis by another student. This student, according to our son, has hit him on numerous occasions at school. This student also has had another complaint filed by another mom (who we know and are aware of the complaint). The school filed a dcf case. Now a friend of the students mother has told at least two other mothers that our son has touched another child inappropriately. Do we have any legal standing to get this person to stop slandering our child?
Answers Showing 1 out of 1
Answered on Oct 12th, 2017 at 12:20 PM

Sure you can hire a lawyer to pursue a defamation lawsuit or send a cease and desist letter. Such cases are expensive and can become hotly litigated and are NOT contingent fee cases like car accidents but usually handled on an hourlyrate/retainer basis. If you want to pursue such a case - we do handle them and you can contact our office 1-800-922-6442. 

All responses are NOT to be considered legal advice nor to be relied upon in any as such nor to establish any form of attorney/client relationship. Opinions expressed are solely informational and not a substitute for proper legal advice provided by a properly retained after thoroughly researching the issues presented.

Report Abuse
Libel, Slander and Defamation
Has you been harmed by false and malicious statements? You may be entitled to compensation under libel, slander and defamation laws. If a former employer or competitor has maligned your character, or someone has made untrue statements about you on the internet, or a media organization has falsely accused you of committing a crime, then you should consult with libel, slander and defamation attorneys immediately. Defamation can have serious consequences, making it difficult to obtain a job, and hurting your personal and professional reputation. Lawyers at a law firm with defamation experience can assist those who have been defamed as well as those who have been accused of defamation.
Have an Libel, Slander and Defamation Question?
It’s Free & Easy.
Ask a Lawyer
Top Contributing Lawyers
Mark Tischhauser, Esq.

Attorney - Florida

333 Answers, 19 Legal Topics

Patrick Johnson

Attorney - Tennessee

243 Answers, 46 Legal Topics

Michael D. Siegel

Attorney - New York

173 Answers, 25 Legal Topics

Bruce Robins

Attorney - New York

99 Answers, 9 Legal Topics

Anthony John Van Zwaren, Esq.

Attorney - New Jersey

93 Answers, 18 Legal Topics

Mr. Max L. Rosenberg

Attorney - Connecticut

89 Answers, 34 Legal Topics

Lori Nevias

Attorney - New York

69 Answers, 26 Legal Topics

Have a legal question?
Get answers from local attorneys.
It's free and easy.
Ask a Lawyer
Do It Yourself Legal Forms

Popular Forums